Sunday, January 3, 2016

Second Painting of the Year

Montana Trail  6x6 oil on panel


I walked a portion of the Continental Divide trail.  Over this portion I was on a fire road in the middle of open hills in central Montana.  It was a true blessing to be out on the trail for over a week with all my supplies on my back.  I wish I could do this more often.

For this painting I used Ultramarine blue, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Cad Yellow Medium, black and white.  I decided to set up my travel box in the studio so I could get more comfortable using it.

Completed January Second.

Larry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the palette

Barb Mowery said...

This is so nice, Larry! Those lost edges in the distance just kill me. And I love all the subtle shifting colors. -- Actually I really like all 5 of your 30-in-30 paintings so far but am too lazy to comment on each one. Keep up the great work! :)