Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day13 Somewhere, Sometime

Somewhere, Sometime  6x6 Oil on Panel

Back in the school days I did hundreds of quick drawings and paintings.  It was laborious, intense and I didn't really see the value of it until I became a freelance illustrator.  Before school, it took me a month to complete a painting.  After school, it took me a day to complete a better painting than I could ever imagine before school.  This is the one of the greatest things I got out of school.  It really freed me up to paint what I want, when I want.

My mouth was completely numb today after my visit to my Dentist (Carlson Family Dentistry ). They did such a good job taking care of me today that by the time I got home I was ready to tear through at least a dozen paintings.  I set up and completed this one is 45 minutes.  I chose to paint quick to just see what  I could produce.  I haven't done this since school and I have to admit I am happy with the results.  It was fun.  I ended up only painting two paintings (I may go back and paint a third or I may just cuddle up with my wife and call it a night.)

Completed January 13th.

Larry

No comments: