Thursday, January 28, 2016

Day 28, Thinking About You

Thinking About You  6x6  Oil on Panel

Day 28.  In my last few paintings, I have been exploring other colors a bit and the end results have not been so good in my eyes.  I like my earth tones and muted pallet of colors.  I really don't like bright greens, purples, pinks, and yellows.  All day today I have been thinking about how I need to pull myself out of this self imposed slump I was feeling.  My conclusion, it would be this painting that I would get back to my normal pallet and I would reconnect with my art again.

Ahhhh!  It feels good to be back.

I know to some this painting may look unfinished.  I was in fact planning to put her in a white shirt. But upon further speculation though, I think it looks wonderful as is.  Knowing when to stop is a huge battle.

Have a wonderful night.

Completed January 28th.

Larry

No comments: