Friday, January 15, 2016

Day15. Half way there

Half Way There  6x6 Oil on Panel

I am half way complete with the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  Whoo-Hooo!

I wasn't actually thinking about this title when I was working on this painting but it sure does fit. I was still in a somber mood after yesterdays painting. Thank you all for the comments, both on the blog and on Facebook. Y'all really lifted me up. When I started painting today I said a quick prayer and asked for some guidance. In the beginning I really struggled. It started as an abstract, lead to another abstract, then a third and finally I started to see the potential.

As I was painting I was rambling in my head, (a good kind of ramble, I can control it, I promise) what it must have been like for Jesus to be tortured as he was and still know he had to walk out to be hung on the cross. He knew the journey he must take and he still took it. He took this journey for us. This was a very humbling thing to think about and I am grateful for the thoughts. The final touch to the painting was the cross.

We have a good life, hope you all agree.

Completed January 15th

Larry

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

I'm not a religious person, but I love that this is where you felt the paint and the spirit leading you today. :)