Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Day 26. Old Days

Old Days  6x6 Oil on Panel

I remember the old days when I didn't have to paint a picture everyday.  I remember the old days when my paintings weren't small and square.  Ahhh, the good ol' days.

Day 26, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's hard to paint a finished painting in a day.  Many of these little guys would be even better if I went back and touched them up the next day.  But, that was part of my goal.  I paint these in a day then they are done.  I'm okay with that.

I'm going to show you all the best part of being an artist.  Look below.

Yep, this is my reference shot for this painting.  I took it while driving about 60 MPH.  Doesn't look much like the painting huh?  This is one of the hardest things for an artist to understand.  Don't be a slave to what you are painting.  What I shoot with a camera is only for reference.  If  I wanted my painting to look just like this image, I would have kept the photo.  Make the painting your own. Does this make sense?

Completed January 26th.

Larry

No comments: