Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Years Challenge

Morning Mist 6x6x oil on panel


I'm going to try and paint 30 paintings in 30 days!

The goal here is to not produce master pieces, but to just paint more.  I have prepared 50 boards, each one six inches square.  The extra 20 boards will be used another time or as back up if I decide to pitch one out the back door.  I thought about what I could paint through the month of December and I tried desperately to come come up with a theme, but I had way too many ideas.  So I have decided to just paint whatever I wanted, how I wanted.  If I learn something new from each painting that will just be a bonus.

This first image is from a picture I shot one early morning after we just started our drive home from my mothers house in Oregon.  I started with an acrylic base color of olive green.  The image is painted in oils.  I wanted to see if there is a textural feel to the paint application vs starting with an oil base color.  The pallet I chose was limited to Prussian blue, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Ivory Black and a Titanium white.

The painting was completed last night on January 1st.

Larry

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Like a dream. Makes me want to move there!

Will any of these be paintings during January be available for purchase?

Looking forward to the next 29!