Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day5. Coastal Memories

Coastal Memories  6x6 Oil on Panel

Day five is here and I have a new painting to show you all.

This is an image of my son looking out at the Oregon coast.  

For this painting I started with a teal green oil background.  The pallet I used was Cobalt blue, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Yellow medium, Ivory black and Titanium white.  Have you all noticed a trend with the pallet choices?  They are basically the same but I am just substituting different shade of colors depending on what I want to achieve in the painting.  In all simplicity the pallet of colors are Blue, Red, Yellow, black and white.  This is as basic as it gets.  I use Winsor Newton oil paints and I can order 119 different colors from them.  Limiting your pallet makes for a more harmonious colors and teaches you to mix all these 119 colors with just a select few.  Cool huh?

Completed January 5th.

Larry

1 comment:

Pattie Wall said...

This scene creates such a warm/calm feeling. Painted masterfully and love that limited palette!