Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 9 Three Squares

Three Squares  6x6 Oil on Panel

Day 9 is here and I have new art.  Another abstract to tease your mind.  What do you see in this?

One of these days I'm going to go big with an abstract.  I have only adventured into the 6 x 12 inch realm.  This is mainly because I am just experimenting with paint application, application tools and texture.  I am finding I prefer the less colorful ones and I really like white textural back grounds with the paint skimmed on top.  The hardest part of these little gems is when to stop.  One side of my brain wants to keep going to find the image or to see what will happen if I do this or that.  With just one last application of an "if"  I see the painting go to hell, I try to fix it, I hate it and then I trash it.  The more paint I apply the worse it gets and the more money I burn.  It is a real mind tease to me too, but for different reasons than yours.

What do I see?  I see the two beautiful white rectangles, one with the red square the other with an ivory square.  I'm loving the vertical scrapes through them and how the purple plays a role to the right.  The green shapes are nice but I dislike the reddish brown to the left of it near the edge.  Bad color combination.  In short, I see the color and texture.

Completed January 9th.

Larry

No comments: