Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day19, The Gift

The Gift  6x6 Oil on Panel

I did it!  This is a portrait of my daughter.  This is a miracle because I do not do portraits.  I do paint people, but they do not resemble anyone in particular.  This one though, I gave myself a challenge and went for it.  It took me three times longer to paint this than the others but, TA-DA. Here it is!

Just had to get that out.  HUGE accomplishment for me.  I feel like climbing on my roof and shouting.

I love the painting, but to be honest, I never want to do it again.  It was no fun.

Completed January 19th.

Larry

Below is a close up.  It's actually larger than the original.  I painted it with the same pallet I have been kind of using for all my landscapes with the addition of the pink color.  What a range of color possibilities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job with the this painting. I know your struggle with portraits, perhaps you have grown in this area as an artist, or you just love the subject of your painting. It is beautiful and you did great

Barb Mowery said...

Just lovely! I am working up the courage to paint my children.

Sheila said...

Amazing work, congratulations. I have only done one portrait, several years ago. I enjoyed painting it, but it was difficult.