Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Stripes in Pale Green

Stripes in Pale Green  5x7 Oil on Paper 2017
I failed to post yesterday.  Bummer.

I try to keep at least a day ahead so I can write this blog the night before and have it scheduled to post the following morning.  Doing it this way sends out the Facebook notification same day - I don't know why but if I post in the middle of the day the Facebook notification doesn't go out until the following day.

This last weekend I spent a lot of time getting Lucy's pen all set up.  Lucy is my new dog, I just said goodbye to my last dog in November.  There is a HUGE difference between a one year old or younger dog and one who was over 14 years old.  So I'm going through a new learning curve with Lucy.  I have forgotten how fun and how irritating a new dog can be.  I went through a couple change of clothes Saturday do to muddy paw prints.  She got into my daughters Sculpty clay and chewed it all up like it was puppy bubble gum.  I walked into the studio Saturday and she was standing on top of my work table - next to a wet oil painting pallet - barking out the window at some birds.

In addition to getting the pen Lucy proof (so I can transition her out of the studio) I attended an artist gathering at a local gallery (http://thethresholdartgallery.com/ ) and I had other artists visit my studio on Sunday.  I have been staying up too late and getting up too early.

Sunday night came around and I thought- I could stay up late and get my painting done, photograph it, do post production, then write a post - but I was too tired so I watched a movie and went to bed.  I know - horrible artist person - bad, bad, bad.  The funny thing is, when I was photographing the painting for today I was checking my drying space and there I saw a funny thing.  A new unused painting.  I had moved it to the drying space instead of the photography space because of the studio visit.  Then I proceeded to just forget about it.  I had to double check the blog to verify it wasn't used.

Long story - short, I could have posted yesterday.  I could have also posted two painting today.  But in my reality, I'm gong to save it for tomorrow so I can be a day ahead.

Have a good day,

-Larry

No comments: