Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4th

Prescott Family of Three  5x7 oil on paper  $90
Hello Wednesday.

This is a small view from Prescott Arizona.  I was just there a couple days after Thanksgiving.  I was kind of disappointed because everything was so brown.  This is my fault though, my senses are so out of whack from living in Southern California.  I still found the beauty and had a wonderful visit with my boy.

For this painting I wanted to get away from the paint daubing I started doing on the first couple of paintings.  I attempted the same thing with the second Basking in the s
Sun painting but the brush work still got out of hand.  Since I'm doing a painting a day I'm painting them Alla Prima - or wet into wet.  I'm also using oils so there is not much chance of correcting unless I want to scrape the paint off and start again.  With larger works I leave the painting setup over night and them "fix" things the next day.  Not so with these little guys.  They are what they are.

I think I nailed what I was after in this painting.  What do you think?  Give me a score from 1-10, 10 being the best painting, 1 being the worst.

Thanks,

Larry

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I think you nailed it ;) I knew the minute I opened the page that this was Prescott. Then I read, and COOL! Yes, everything is brown, but when the sun catches on the fields... pure gold! I do miss So. Cal. green though. And bougainvilla. Going back for a visit at the end of the month.