Thursday, January 19, 2017

Play'in in the rain today.

Fence Line 5x7 Oil on Paper $90
What drew me to this scene was the fence.  It's a modest and simple fence.  I know it marks someones property but when viewed at this angle it seems to be a barrier to block one from the great mountains.  Or maybe it is a barrier to block the great mountains and it inhabitants from us.  In such a wide open space why does there need to be barriers?  Just a thought.

Fence Line is a scene from Oak Glen California.  It is probably the quickest painting I have completed this month.  It only took me a half hour.  I was play'in with brush work, colors and speed. It worked, I'm happy with it.

I should point out that the half hour to paint starts at the first brush mark of sky color to the last color of the foreground.  The half an hour doesn't include prepping and toning the paper for oils, nor does it include the photographing, archiving and blog posting portion.  On average I would guess I am spending 2.5 - 3 hours on each image taking everything into account.  In the pricing I am thinking of my time, materials and shipping.  Shipping is included anywhere in the US if you choose to purchase one.  

Have I mentioned these are painted on a 8x10 inch paper, image size is 5x7.  This means you can pick out a frame of your choice and easily have it hanging on your wall the same day you get it in the mail.  On further thought, in a way, a frame is a barrier to contain the painting - How ironic.

It's supposed to rain all day here.  I think I'll go play in the rain.

Take care,

-Larry

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Awesome light, yesterday's was great too :)

Janet Bradish said...

Great painting. Love the light on the hills

Barb Mowery said...

I love all the movement in the sky!

Barb Mowery said...

I love all the movement in the sky.