Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2nd

Basking in the Sun    5x7  Oil on Paper  $90
Second painting is here.

As I mentioned in my last blog, last year I did this same challenge but my goal was different than this years.  Last year I wanted to concentrate on small works and the dynamics of creating them.  My goal this time around is to REALLY dive in and get to know landscape painting.  So yes, this is what I plan on painting everyday this month.

All the paintings will be places I have visited and enjoyed.  I'm working off of my photographs and or memory of these places.  In some instances I may do Plein-Air paintings.  I want to capture the feeling I had while visiting and the beauty as I remember it.

Todays painting is from Oak Glen, California.  I was set up here one morning painting on site and took some extra pictures to bring back to the studio.  I don't know how many times I have driven by this tree but it's just one of those places I really enjoy.  I hope you do too.

Take Care,

Larry