Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Peeple's Valley

Peeple's Valley  5x7  Oil on Paper  $90
Peeple's Valley is a small town just  outside of Prescott Arizona.  It is full of cattle and horse ranches. This place is always a treat to drive through because there is so much beauty to be seen in the land.

My latest trip through Peeple's Valley was just after Thanksgiving 2016.  Yep, just a couple of months ago.  I had dreamy thoughts of stopping a few times along the journey to paint en plein air.  It didn't work out so much this last trip though.  It was cold this day and after such a dry summer this place looked kind of sad, being all brown and desolate looking.  The horses and cows must have been tucked away down in the ravines to keep out of the wind.  I drove around the dirt roads a bit and took mental notes on places to paint next time.  I did stop and paint this scene.  It's not my best piece but I do think I captured the desolated feel of the place though.

Tomorrows painting will be of Peeple's Valley too.  But it is based on my homeward journey.  It land felt completely different just a couples days latter.  It's a studio painting but... Just wait till you see it!

I don't know if you noticed, but I didn't post yesterday.  And.. I don't know if you noticed but I indicated above that I painted this picture en plein air (outside, on sight), which would have taken place last November.  Yea, I got a bit side tracked the past few days.  I have been painting, but nothing got completed.  I worked on a couple of Abstract paintings, a drawing and a partial color comp for a commissioned piece of art, and I applied color to a personal painting of a world war 2 airplane.  I had some business items to take care of because my state sales tax is due this month and such.  I also chopped fire wood and had a barbecue and fire to celebrate.  All worth a couple of days, right?  I've got to keep my sanity in check some way.

Take care,

Larry

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Does look dry... but I still find it lovely. That valley is always a nice surprise. Enjoy!