Saturday, January 21, 2017

Moo, again

Steak 5x7 oil on paper $90
Peeple's Valley, Arizona.

Someday I want to raise my own beef.  It's a bucket list / life style thing.  I'd like to get two of them so they're not alone.  I would also like to get a horse so I can ride off in the evening and bring in the cows - that just sounds like fun.  When it would be time to make meat, I would keep one for myself and give the other to the church - except for the T-Bones, I'd keep those, maybe cook one for my mom.   Wishful thinking - huh?

But really, I have always wanted to paint cows.  I actually have painted a cow, one other time, but it had a crown on its head and the aliens were coming down to abduct it.  Check it out-

Moo    oil on panel
This painting is in someones private collection.  There are other cow lovers out there!

I got the idea for this painting after seeing a report about a community who was fearful for their livestock because they claimed aliens were abducting them.  I remember thinking - Well of course, they want a T-Bone for dinner and a glass of milk with their Oreo's for desert.  Right?  Wouldn't that be great if that is what brought us all together?  I think we would need more cows though.

I think I'll paint more of them.  I'll have to dwell on this a bit.

Have a good Saturday.

-Larry

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Oh man... now I want an oreo and some milk. OK, six oreos. Had a craving for beef tips from Texas roadhouse last night. Terrific bovines!