Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Beauty in all the mundane things we do.

Stator Bros Sunset  5x7 oil on paper  $90
I try to find the beauty in all the mundane things I do.  This helps keep the mundane things not so mundane.  I was at the grocery store the other day, Stator Brothers, and when I walked out I was greeted by this beautiful sunset.  Lucy, my new dog, gave me a yelp from the back of the truck and I felt so thankful for all I have.  Life can be so good.

My mom made a comment the other day that about my recent work not being so "perfect."  She's right, I have been exploring a looser painting style.  Working looser helps me explore a bit without the worries of goofing up a nice painting.  The things I am exploring are the block in of the painting, the colors, how the paint is applied, what scene I like best and some other things like painting with the Thalo Blue the other day.

I have noticed that it is the paintings that have more primary, saturated colors get the most remarks. Also the sunset types seem to be a favorite.  For me thats not so good.  I don't really like the iconic sunsets and I don't care for blaze oranges or overly saturated yellows or any other color.  What a dilemma.  What should I do?

Anyways, this painting is for all of you, and of course my mom.  I spent a bit more time on it and finished it a bit nicer, it's a sunset, and it has some bright colors.  Please don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this one.  But I'd rather not paint these allllll the time.  Is that bad?

Have a good day and keep an eye open during any mundane things you do, you can get some sweet surprises!

Blessings,

-Larry

No comments: