Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6th. I think I have decided.

Cow Abduction  Oil on panel
I have spent the weekend contemplating.  After much of this I am ready to pick which painting to complete this month.

I chose the killer whale image.  Why?  My sketch for  this painting was pretty much complete, I don't have a lot to work out.  I have painted a killer whale before so this new one would just add to it.  I have the concept brewing and it is on the tip of my tongue.  It's diverse enough to be of interest to most - I think.  I have a surface on hand and it's the right size, ready to go.  All good things.

Why I didn't pick the statue between the column?  I need to work out the statue pose.  The color scheme would not be the most exciting thing to watch me paint.  I would need to create a surface for this one painting.  It just needs a little more TLC.  I think I'll wait.

So, what's next?  I need to start preparing the surface for paint.  It a cradled wood panel so it needs to be sealed.  I also need to work on the final, full size drawing so I can work out some last details.

I'll get started on these and get back to you with my progress!

This weekend I did manage to get a load of bark dust for the yard.  I pulled a ton of weeds.  I took a nap yesterday - a long one.  I made some awesome foods.  We bought a new chair for the living room - a recliner! - gett'in old!  I put the final color on my seated ram painting.  And I worked on the design of two other paintings that I will be working on soon - probably while painting the killer whale.

Life has been good.  I hope it has been good for you too.

Larry

No comments: