Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 14 - 15th. Red Paint

Where we left off

Painting with red
The pallet

Here's a shot of the pallet again.  At least I didn't make this one the opening image.

You can see how the colors look a bit muddy on the white pallet, but saturated on the painting.  This is just the nature of the beast.  Some people mix their paint on a colored pallet or a grey pallet so they can judge the color better.  I have been painting so long with a white pallet it doesn't matter.  I know what I'm mixing and there's no need to fuss about it.

Last red
So, it's coming along.  A bit slow, but that's okay.  I've made some adjustments to the shadow placement and sketched in a figure near the truck (on the drawing).  Things are evolving. Do you think the red paint has a meaning?

I'm been overly anxious to get my website whole again so I have been spending extra time on that as well.  Also writing these blogs takes away from the painting time as do the pictures and the little bit of editing I do to them.

Yesterday I didn't post.  I have a good reason though.  Twenty three years ago, my wife and I had our first date.  I took the night off, made some dinner, watched a movie with her and thought about this first date.  Definitely worth it (last night and the first date.)

Larry

No comments: