Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17th, More Grays and a side walk


Before
After
This time the changes may be less noticeable, but if you compare, you'll find them.  Some areas are getting a second layer of paint.  I'm just beginning to get into the phase where I play around with the paint.  I'll try and shoot some close-ups for next time.
Original color comp
I think I'll have to make a decision on the sky and paint it out soon.  If I can get the sky going good and the small details - like the window pains in. I'll be able to move about this painting quicker.  The blocking in of the color takes thought and time.  But after that it I'm more free to just push paint around, play with colors and edges and such.  I may need to rework the color comp to get a visual on what I'm thinking to make sure it will work.  I'm thinking if I don't do this and the image fails I'll have waisted some paint and time.  I'll scan in the color comp and then print it out.  This will make it easier to add color to it and preserve the original.  I could do this digitally, but I prefer not to.  I like the hands on feel.

Website update: I got four more images ready for my "People We May Know" portfolio. They aren't posted live yet, though.

Larry

No comments: