Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13, It begins

Pallet
The title "It begins" sounds menacing to me.  But it really isn't.  The "it" is me and what is "beginning" is me do the painting.  Explained, and it's rather boring.  Well, so it the picture of my painting pallet.  If you're a painter though, you might find something interesting about the pallet picture.

Here are some shots from last nights paintings:

The beginning

Soon after the beginning

Later on, because I forgot to stop and take pictures in between.

I started with the yellow (obviously - I'm full of wisdom today huh?)  Yellow is a good starter color because the pure yellow in the sign will dictate how light the sky becomes, which dictates the color of the buildings, the whale, and everything else.  Most things I will paint darker at first so I can go back and rework with lighter colors.  It's harder to go darker without blocking the portion out and starting over.  I'm saving the texture, adding to it  and that's what I'm protecting.  I'll get about three layers of paint, on average, on a painting.

Ironically the yellow is kind of important to the meaning of the painting as well.  Anyone make up some ideas on what this thing is about?  What does the yellow symbolize?

In other news, I have been working all morning (and all week) on my website.  Tedious work but I like the changes.  I wanted to show case my work better.  I wanted the viewer to be able to zoom in on my work to see it better.  I wanted a clearer path for the viewer to purchase a print, share my work through Facebook, and pin it in Pinterest.  I wanted to have a space to tell more personal notes about each painting.  And I wanted to protect my art a little easier.  There's a lot of "I want" here but I want it to make it easier and more enjoyable for everyone else - including you.   I worked on the portion under "My Art" titled "Into the Wilds".  Here's a link: http://www.larryreinhart.com/#!into-the-wilds/g8m1n check it out and let me know what you think.  


Larry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is cool Reinhart.