Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It needs a shift. Right?

A Shift to Green, 6x6 oil on paper
I don't have much to say about this painting.  I was just play'in with the square format.  I generally like the earth toned paintings better, but this one just got a little too pink-ish for me.  I'm just not love'in it with the green.  To be honest it looks like baby poo.  Yea, not the best sales tactic, say'in your work looks like poo.

I should have shifted all the colors to the green side of the force. 

I also should have probably tossed this one but something about it made me keep it.  80% of the time I don't like it but there are some days I look at it and say "It's not bad."

What do you think?  Good or Bad?


Larry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good

Sheila said...

Crack me up. I don't see poo as much as I see pea-green baby barf. LOL. As a whole I like it. But I think it needs more dark. Contrast. That "pink" looks like warm desert earth to me. I really like the bottom left, hint of what looks like merlot. (And the bit of that same color above). Lovely variations, and the scribbles draw me in. OK< you can tell me to shut up now :)