![]() |
| Lift Off, 5x7 oil on paper |
When I did start working on it again I started laying in colors around the yellow. The yellow still really bugged me though. I kept thinking it looked like projectile vomit. I had this vision stuck in my head and I couldn't get beyond it. You know what I did? I tossed it in the trash can. Actually, I flicked it into the trash like when you flick a playing card. It landed perfectly in the trash can from across the studio. It was a good shot!
But that's when I saw it, the yellow streak was up top and I was looking at it from a distance. It looks like a rocket flying off the paper. Where's this rocket going? Is it one my son makes (He's in school to be an Astronomical Engineer - go boy!) I retrieved the art and went back to work. No more vomit, just fire and smoke now. Hopefully I have chosen the right title. If I would have named it "projectile vomit" you would probably be looking at it differently right now.
Sometimes it helps to clear your mind and take another look.
Larry

Thanks for the laugh Larry! High five for the score :) I see sun shining down on the city. Faint hint of palm fronds. Look forward to seeing where you take it :)
ReplyDelete